Sunday, August 18, 2013

A Look at the Past Year

Birthdays are a great time to reflect on the past year.  That's exactly what I'm doing this morning.  Yes, I'm another year older today.  But age is mind over matter -- If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!  LOL!

This past year has been a rollercoaster ride.  I opened my shop 9/28/12 and I've seen so much change in this short amount of time.  It's amazing how much I have learned about myself -- weaknesses I didn't know I had and strength that just keeps growing.

I'm thankful for all of the new friendships I've made in the past year.  People that believe in my artistic passions and "get" me.  I have been very blessed.
I've always heard people talk about staying true to who you are and now I know what they mean.  I've recently made a shift in my business plan that is a complete effort to staying true to who I am.  It amazes me how hard this really is.
I'm happy with my decisions to keep pushing forward and challenging myself to be the best "me" that I possibly can be.  Life isn't easy, but you can keep it simple.

Here's to another year of trying to keep it simple!

Linda Barutha

2 comments:

  1. such a sweet post.. love all of your work.. Happy Birthday.. It's almost your 1 year anniversary.. we need to celebrate~ Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete