Thursday, January 9, 2014

I {heart} Linnie Blooms

Hello,  Donna K here with a very photo filled post.  
This is my first post for Linnie Blooms…yay me!
I was so excited with all of my Linnie Blooms treasures when they arrived I went a little canvas crazy!
I started out with the 9" X 11" canvas blank and an idea for a Love theme wall hanging.
I used spray color shine paint in peach, acrylics in greens, browns and white along with lots of metal embellishments and ribbons to create this keepsake.  
I painted and/or stamped on each Canvas Heart piece.
9x11 Canvas Blank

At the top of this piece I used metal eyelets to create  a sturdy place to thread the ribbons for attaching a dowel and chain so that this piece can hang nicely for wall display.
On to project number two…
another Canvas Heart project.
I created this Valentine and used Gelatos for my first time to shade the canvas piece.
How FUN they were.  I simply sectioned the piece, shaded it and added stickles for some shimmer in the center.  I also used 3D adhesive to pop up the heart so it has plenty of dimension. 

Canvas Hearts

These Gelato kits  make it so easy to shade and combine your colors.  
Red Gelatos Set
Lastly…I just wanted to make oooonnnneeee more project.
I wanted to use an owl, but somehow that owl …. with some orange acrylic paint turned onto her side and became a FISH.
 A feathery gold fish with shimmery gills and a pearly eye!
Canvas Owl
I'm pretty tickled with how this sweet little CAS card turned out.  
She will make a great valentine for someone special this year.  
Thank you for letting me go a little photo crazy in this post and for the opportunity to share my fun, canvas filled projects with you today. 

We'd love to have you join us for our January Sketch Challenge here at Linnie Blooms.
You can easily find that sketch by clicking HERE.

See you next time!
~Donna K

8 comments:

  1. WOWZERS, Donna!....Lovelovelove all of your creations this month!....and BTW...Great post & pics!
    Seeing the fish in the owl shape is uber cute, and a great way to extend the possibilities! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna!! Love all your projects!! I really love the variety of hearts on the first project - the brown stapled heart and the one with the green button - perfect! And the FISH!! Seriously cute and wonderfully creative!! Way to think outside the box!! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So great ! Looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh donna... i adore all your projects You totally went to town on LB goodies. way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All your projects are fun but that canvas is amazing and my favorite! I can tell you had a great time creating all these lovelies...gotta get me some gelatos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable Donna. I don't know anything about those gelatos. But, would love to learn.

    ReplyDelete