Sunday, March 29, 2015

E around the tree

Hi Everyone!  Seems like a while since I've posted.  I'm Dawn Mattson and Spring is in full bloom here in Arizona. Here is my newest Linnie Blooms project.  
I took these pictures of my grandson Ethan 10 years ago in my front yard.  I hung the completed project on the original tree in my yard to photograph it.  The tree is so much bigger...and so is my grandson now 14 years old and 5'8" tall. :)



  
I started with a Linnie Blooms 5x11 blank canvas and painted it half blue for the sky and the other half green for the grass with Gelatos.  I used the Linnie Blooms Sunflower stencil for the sun in the corner and yellow Gelatos paint then a Pitt marker in black to make the stitch marks.

 I used the Linnie Blooms tree and also painted it with Gelatos. The Gelatos are so easy to use on the canvas. I just write on them and use a wet paint brush to paint it in like a water color.  If you want it darker...just repeat the process over the top.  For the white picket fence I used an old sizzix die I have...and I did that because I have a white picket fence around my front yard. :) 
 I used the Tim Holtz Big Chat for the words on the tree. I inked them a little on the edges with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Tea Dye. I used little clips on top to tie the Linnie Blooms green ribbon to and I hung the swirl clip on one with a charm that reads "hope"
 I also used the green Linnie Blooms ribbon around the bottom and tied a bow. I added the small plaque with brads. It reads..."Know in your heart you are loved" The little butterfly pin is from Hampton Arts. I left it clear but they are easy and fast to paint with alcohol ink if you like. :)


 Thank you and I hope you enjoyed my post. I had a lot of fun making it.  :)

3 comments:

  1. Very nice. They grow way too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you ladies....and yes Ann...they grow SO fast. He is now 7" taller than me. lol He's a giant. And so handsome. ;)

    ReplyDelete