Monday, July 6, 2015

Linnie Blooms 12 x 12 Old Glory



 
 
Where were you this Patriotic Weekend? Did you see fireworks? Did you see Old Glory?
I saw fireworks and smiles and food that stretch for miles and miles. Sang Songs and don't tell but no one was in tune..  Sunday, I was watching the US women's soccer team win the World Cup and flags were flying and smiles were alive through painted faces it was a sea of Red White and Blue. It made me remember that I forget how beautiful are flag truly is, the meaning behind it and how proud I am of it!

I am making my post on July 6th and I'm adding my version of Old Glory

I started with the 12 x 12 Canvas Page from Linnie Blooms, I love this size it's great for a frame, an album or all sorts of things.

 
 
I used the Linnie Blooms Canvas Sunflower Stencil to hold my USA , I  daubed and painted and texturize to create stripes, I did them freehand so I wasn't looking to make them straight. I used Folk Art paint White for the base and Folk Art Red to start the stripe and finished with Red from Art Anthology.  Art Anthology's Mud was used on top of stripes for give texture. 
I threw some turquoise paint from Art Anthology in scattered places. 
I used the Linnie Blooms Canvas Sunflower Stencil to trace onto some material and I cut it out from some material I had lying around the house.  I used Sizzix's Star Framelits to cut out a star from the material and from a piece of lace.
 
 
 
 
I forgot to mention that before I started the project I painted the canvas using the Folk Art Paint White


  
Happy Summer Day's
 
Trish

2 comments: